Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riff

CJ2 sending information

3 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm working on a c++ program that are going to communicate with one or more CJ2 plc's. Is the CJ2 capable of sending data over ethernet, similar to socket services? I've looked at FINS communication over ethernet, but the examples in the pdf I'm reading the C program sends the fins header and command header and get the reply from the plc. What I want it to do, is that the plc sends the information when the condition for sending is correct and get a reply from the C++ program that the message is received. I'm all for reading and understanding the setup and getting things done myself, so a pointer to a pdf or other sources of information is very velcome :) But if you have a setup that works, please tell and explain that one too :) Kurt

It's basically the same as you would write fins send & fins recieve for pc. first, you create fins command (see manual), what you want to do. second, open udp port (or tcp) - use available predefined function blocks in cx-programmer - _ETN011_SOCKET_UdpOpen. third, issue a send command, again using function block - _ETN015_SOCKET_UdpSend. we used this to send some measurements via gprs network to SCADA computer (the goal was to minimize traffic due to high cost of gprs transfer at that time). you can trigger this send in plc like any other command. regards. Edited by tashinz

Ah. Thanks :D Will read up on this and try it out :D