Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
padfoot

Connect an old Omron & an old Moore PLC to WinCC

1 post in this topic

Hi We have two control systems, one with "Procidia (Moore) PLC" and one with "Omron C200HE-CPU42 PLC". First controller has a Modbus (NOT Modbus-TCPIP) port and the other one has a RS-232 serial port (I don't know the protocol). We need to upgrade the monitoring/controlling software for both system and we want to use WinCC. (OS: Microsoft Windows 7 - 32bit) [Old monitoring/controlling system is: Intouch 7.0 for the first system and WinCC 5.0 for the other one.] Now my questions are: - I know WinCC 7.x doesn't support Modbus and RS-232, but I don't know about "WinCC TIA Portal". Does it support Modbus and RS-232? - If I do not want to use OPC, where can I find drivers for RS-232 and Modbus to work with WinCC. I know "Allmendinger" has a Modbus driver, but also I need RS-232 driver. - I think both of above ways won't answer, so I must use OPC finally. But the problem is I don't know anything about OPC. What kind of OPC should I use for these PLC's? I want to know if someone test the OPC with these PLC's and get answer. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.