Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machinemaker

reset timers

5 posts in this topic

I am using a Micrologix 1400. Is it possible to reset T4:5 to T4:16 with one command? I am trying not to do it 12 times by listing each one. I realize I could just put a bit in front of the timer to make it go to "0" when a particular function happens. I have a compare tied to a timer. When someone pushes the button to decrease the time it take to do a function, the timer is timing and goes above the new set point therefore the compare statement does not work and the output stays on. I could just put the push button in series with the timer to make it stop timing and go to "0". This could be a learning to see how I can reset several items at the same time. I notice too, you can not use a N7:xx within a timer for it preset.

If you have N7:XX for the Preset then do a MOV N7:XX into T4:5.PRE. This works fine. This also means that someone can't change to Preset without knowing which N7 is being moved into it.

Timer instructions in the A-B instruction set use three words of data: Control/Status, Preset, and Accumulated Value. These are literally adjacent memory addresses, either in the Tag Database (ControlLogix) or in a Data Table file dedicated to Timers. It is very common to reset a timer's Accumulated value to zero by using a MOV instruction to move the value 0 to the Accumulated sub-element of the timer memory block. It is also very common to use the RES instruction to reset a timer accumulated value to zero. But you can't reset a "block" of timers, because the accumulated values and the control words aren't adjacent. That's just the way it works.

Thank you for the info. Conor you can not use a N:7:xx for the preset in timers, only whole numbers. I find that straight they limited that feature.

Conor was suggesting allowing an operator/HMI to write the Preset value to an N7:xx register then, within the program, do a MOV N7:xx T4:xx.PRE. Though the Preset of the timer is directly addressable by most HMIs.