Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

E3 Plus Overload on Ethernet

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a new starter section for two motors going in to a part of my Plant. I wanted to put in Point I/O as well as two E3-Plus Overloads. I would prefer to run just one Ethernet cable, and not have to run a DeiveNet cable. I would be connecting the Devices to a Stratix Managed switch. I have been checking on the AB website but an not 100% sure of which product would suit my application the best. The following are the part numbers that I have dug up. 2100-ENET 193-DNENCAT 193-DNENCATR I think that the 193-DNENCAT or 193-DNENCATR would be the best for me, as each of these can connect to up to 6 Nodes on DeviceNet. I am not sure about the 2100- ENET. I was wondering about the 193-DNENCATR. Is the second port only for DLR? Could I connect the EtherNet cable from y Managed Swich into the first port and then connect the Point I/O to the second port on the 193-DNENCATR? Thanks, Conor PS: I rang Tech support for there advice on this. The guy was not very helpful, and couldn't give me an answer. He then told me that I should contact my local distributor. My experience with Tech support has been mainly very good up to this, but I am very p*&sed off with his answer. Maybe I rang him too close to his lunch time and he couldn't be bothered Edited by Conor

The second Enet port should be out of the box configured for a linear topology,since the ring takes a ring controler being configured on the network so you should have no problem connecting the point IO to a 193-DNENCATR second port. Also there is suppose to be an ethernet IP E3 plus modual available I have not use the E3 myself so not too familiar with the line but remember seeing something about the product line moving to Enet IP