Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snicke

Omron CQM1H OD214 output module

8 posts in this topic

Hi! I am very new to PLC:s and I now have a pretty simple question. I have a CQM1H PLC with a OD214 module connected to it and I have written a simple program making point 01 on the output module turn on when point 00 on the built in input module gets a signal. It looks like everything is working, the indicator for point 01 on OD214 turns on when the signal reaches point 00 on the built in module but when I measure the voltage on point 01 it shovs only 0V. Why is this the case I don't understand what the problem is. I might have done any stupid mistake as I am really new to these things :)

If the actual LED on the output card is on, it sounds like a wiring problem. Can you provide a simple sketch of how you have the module wired?

I attached a sketch of my wiring. I hope it helps.

Do you have +24vdc connected to the output module??? See page 65 of the W226 manual.

If you want your voltmeter read 24V you have to wire your +24V to the COM terminal of your OD214

Okay, so do I understund this correctly? On the built in input module the two COM connectors has to be connected to the ground but on the OD214 output module the COM connector should be connected to whatever voltage you want it to output and the 0V connector shold be connected to the ground/0V?

Think each output as a switch between COM terminal and corresponding output terminal. If you had a relay output module i would answer yes, you could connect any voltage between 0 and 120V (Maybe 240V too i'm not sure) but you have a transistor output so you must stay with 24VDC.

Ok, great! Thank you! This makes sense!