Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brettshelley

Worst Customer Machine Crash

1 post in this topic

Hi All, I the spirit of things I have often wondered if you have made a programming mistake that has smashed the machine being programmed!!!!! So easy to make, and seeing fly-by-night "PLC Programmers" here in South Africa, I have seen sooooo many! The best one I have seen is a guy programming a 3000 Ton Injection Moulder and had to use the existing proportional controller to the speed of the hydraulics. He set the analogue output span of 0-100% to 0-10V. When he set a speed reference of 50% (5V) the mould closed so fast that it slammed so hard it moved the machine half a meter across the floor, smashed the mould, and cracked the concrete!! R 750,000.00 of damage!! Only when he looked at the electrical drawing did he see that the reference signal to the card was 0-5vdc NOT 0-10vdc!! Anyway, the mould was a shopping trolley, stuffed, and in the event he was sued, the end customer of the trolleys sued him for loss of production, trolley never made it to the market!!! Never seen him since?!? Poor bugger! Any other stories???