Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Herman

Siemens S7 Project on Server very slow

5 posts in this topic

Hello, we are using S7 with four PLC's (400) to control a plant. The project is placed on a server and other programming-stations (e.g. laptops) are connected to this server only trough a share. When you are working on the server, opening and closing of FB's is incredibly quick. Except when you are working on a other station, it's incredibly slow (it takes sometimes 30 sec to open a FB which is not even big. Has anybody some tips to speed this up? Could a multiproject be a solution? Any help would be appreciated. Best regards, Herman

Yes I have the same kind of problems.... Don't know what to do about it ...

It's amazing, when you stop your virusscanner it's a lot quicker! I ran Norton Antivirus

What version of Step7 and what service pack.? There is a service pack in V5.2 that fixed this problem.

I just got Siemens S7 ver 5.3 SP1 from my rep to try out. It also ran very slow on my desktop, it took about 30 seconds to open a program block from the manager. I have no antivirus running on my PC at this time either. I could not see anything that was slowing it down, still had memory free and cpu was at less than 10%. The manager also took a long time to load up, seemed pretty odd to me. I normally use RsLogix500 and cxprogrammer 3.0 under WinXP SP1.