Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gamalla

1770-KFD driver

3 posts in this topic

I can't see the 1770-KFD driver on RSlinx oem. I'm running windows 7 64 bit. I can see the driver for my 1770-KFD driver on windows xp. 32bit. then i'll use a usb to serial then hook up my 1770-KFD and everything is fine. Does anyone know why i can't see my 1770-KFD driver on RSlinx on my windows 7 laptop. is it me or is it Rockwell. and do have to buy there $1200 A-B 1784U2DN USB TO DEVICE NET. any input is appreciated. thanks

I am afraid you have already answered the initial question. You will need the 1784-UDN adapter for a 64-bit OS or run RSLinx within a 32-bit virtual machine ; the 1770-KFD, 1747-SDNPT, 1771-SDNPT and 1784-PCIDS RSLinx drivers were not "updated" to be functional within 64-bit operating systems environments. https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49916 Edited by dmargineau

I don't know for sure, personally, but check the Compatibility Matrix in tech note 58963. It shows that the 1770-KFD is supported on Win7 Pro and Win2008 64-bit OSs for RSLinx Classic versions 3.51 and above.