Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric V

Analog data

3 posts in this topic

I'm working with a ML1400 and inputting a 0-10V signal to the on board analog I/O. As my parts travel down a conveyor, quickly I might add, my analog sensor ( as well as my part present ) starts its input values. What I need is how do I freeze the data just prior to dropping off the parts trailing edge and then be able to place it in my program for control purposes. I don't have a ton of knowledge in the more advanced instructions so maybe some illustrated examples in a ladder format would be welcome. Thanks

What data point do you plan to use as a reference to record the data coming from the part (just before dropping off) if your part present sensor is slightly ahead of the analog sensor you would know you were at the point where you wanted to use a MOV or COP command to record the sensor data to a file. you should remember also that analog data is scanned periodiclly if your part is moving too fast you might not get a consistant point of reference.

The part present sensor is close to identical as the analog as far as seeing the part. I have parts of varying lengths also. But to answer your question, it is at that point I wish to start recording data and end as close as possible to the trailing edge so I don't have any data fall off. I have individual programs for each part length and was trying to use LES and GRT instructions with the analog signal compared against limits I have set. Which in turn would set a bit for pass or no pass.