Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mister Twister

Looking For RS Logix 5000 Sample Motion Code for Motion Project

2 posts in this topic

Newbie to Rockwell Automation and this Forum looking for some help....... I am looking for some sample code for coordinated motion moves using a Control Logix System and RS Logix 5000. I have a conveyor with a servo on the drive end and an encoder on the other end and the loop configuration is set to Dual Position Servo to compensate for any slippage. A Rockwell Servo ball screw linear stage on the X Axis (21") and a Rockwell Servo ball screw linear axis mounted on that as a Y axis (11"). The goal is to be able to do a fill pattern on the parts moving past on the conveyor that will be moving at approx. 4 IPS There is also a Cognex IS 7200 camera to give me coordinates as they pass by giving me an X, Y and angular position before the filling area. That will also be what is giving me the starting position when it gets a part recognition match. Any Examples with motion commands would be greatly appreciated for ideas and learning. Thanks

if you used the default settings when you loaded RSLogix5000 onto your computer, then you should already have some samples available ... on my system (using Version 16) the samples folder is located at: C:\RSLogix 5000\Projects\Samples\ENU\v16\Rockwell Automation I see at least two files named Coord_Motion_etc. that might be interesting to you ... I hope that this is helpful – and welcome to the forum ...