Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gerrett

CIP data exchange Issue

6 posts in this topic

Ok - here is the set up: LOCAL PLC - L35E and Panel View HMI running Ftview ME - both connected via ethernet port to a CISCO SLM2008 router - connected to a local VLAN - a DataCommBusiness DCB IP 6690 ethenet to serial modem connected to the Cisco Router at one end and a dedicated phone line at the other end. Remote PLC - L35E - connected via ethernet port to a DCB IP 6690 ethernet to serial modem, itself connected to the dedicated phone line. At the local station and from the remote station , with my laptop, I can ping both PLCs and the panel view, I can get online with both PLCs and Panel View, Download, Upload, everything Normal The pannel view communicates properly with both PLCs,read and write values to tags in both PLCs WHAT I CANT DO : have either CompactLogix CIP message to each other ?????? CIP Data Table Read everything has been settup and configuer as per Rockwell's sugestion - the router has been configuer for port forwading, port Imaging .... the TCC and UDP ports are fully open Any sugestions, what did i miss, I dont understand why I can do everthing normal - Upload, Download,both PLCs communicate with the panelview, But the 2 PLCs can't CIP messaging ??? Edited by gerrett

What is the exact error code you are getting from the MSG instruction ? If the PV+ can read from both controllers, that suggests that the IP infrastructure and settings on both CompactLogix ports are correct. Post as much detail as you can about the MSG instruction, including the source and destination tags and datatypes, and the CIP Path. If you can post a screenshot of the triggering logic, that would be great as well.

The error code generated is : 0001 0024, souce tag TX[5] / INT destination tag RX[5] / INT trying to read an array of 6 INTs will try to get a screen shot of the MSG Thanks

An array tag with a dimension value of 5 contains only 5 elements; [0], [1], [2], [3], [4]. If you are requesting 6 elements, the controller will reject the request.

This is obviously not a normal network, so you're going to have to do more troubleshooting. Error code 0x0001 with Extended Error Code 0x0204 (not 0024) is an ordinary unconnected timeout. This usually happens when the target device just does not respond. It would be instructive to mirror the controller port, run Wireshark, and make sure the message is at least getting onto the wire when you trigger it. What exactly is the CIP Path ? CompactLogix L35E controllers consider the Ethernet daughtercard to be Backplane Slot 1, so the path would be "1, 1, 2, aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd, 1, 0". The first "1,1" will be replaced with the name of your local Ethernet daughtercard by RSLogix 5000. Please post screenshots or as much detail as you can.