Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ibyk30

origin search on CP1H-X

3 posts in this topic

hi everyone, i have inherited an unfinished system which is now nearly done. the last remaining issue is homing and after spending a day on site and going through manual (W450-E1-06), i may have few questions. is there any document where table "Built-In Input" and "Pulse Output 0" are explained in detail? preferably in English? i can't even find some of the settings in the manual. for example what is Pulse output 0 "position monitor time"? any help is appreciated. PS, it's been a hell of a day so please forgive me for any rants or witty remarks (i'll try to keep it down). I pretty much had it with Omrons technical speak. from what i gather from the manual, there is: 1. no software home position, homing only supports 3 modes. to clear "homing required" flag, and use absolute positioning, therefore one must use built in homing function (cannot just give up on manual, jog axis to position and "tell the flag to go away" or use absolute positioning anyway). 2. a pair of limit switches at the end of the travel. no switch is installed since unit rotates 360deg but still need to map appropriate signals (either high or low) to A540.08 and A540.09. i think that if PTO#0 linits are specified as NC, then those two bits are expected to be high. 3. "Origin Proximity Input Signal" is what we call Home Sensor input. According to a set of very convoluted tables, all describing odd mapping of high speed I/O, it seem to be the input 0.00 is likely to be the correct one in this case. 4. "Origin Input Signal" seem to be the Z-channel from a high speed input (in this case servo drive). Question: if this is not used, can it be turned off and just use AB channels? if so, how? 5. There are three speeds to watch for: S0 = "Search/Return Initial Speed" is initial or low speed (in anything, including homing process). S1 = "Origin Search Proximity Speed" is low speed in homing, after Home Sensor input is triggered S2 = "Origin Search High Speed" which is used during homing AFTER initial speed and BEFORE Home Sensor is triggered. Homing is NOT performed unless 0<S0<S1<S2 (it is strictly less than, not the "less or equal"). 6. There is also "Origin Return Speed". this is high speed used to rapidly return to home position (before this can be used, it is required to have slow home search performed so that "no origin" flag A280.5 is off) 7. For convenience, default values are not mentioned (at least not systematically, few random settings may have default value mentioned). The global default is that all settings are zeroed, even when such value is clearly invalid such as for "Origin Search Acceleration Rate" etc (usable range is 0001-FFFF, so it should not be possible to enter zero value). Also for convenience, there is no "Validate Settings" option on any of settings tabs (nor anywhere in a CX programmer). one has the honor to waste time debugging something that should have never made it into a PLC. 8. is it really common practice for users troubleshooting Omron PLC settings to sift through internal memory!? why would user need to know anything about internal memory? 9. what is this supposed to mean? I may have had long day but any way i look at it, two lines marked by arrows are conflicting statements (page 289 of the manual): Am I missing something? is there a code sample i could try without entering what is in the manual? regards, IB Edited by ibyk30

Here are the settings and listing for the Reference task from a CP1L that I did a couple years ago. Maybe this will answer some of your questions. That "warning" you found in the manual is there because they are using interrupt task 140 in their example which shares I/O points with pulse output 0. EDIT: I should also mention that not a versions of the CP1 are created equal. I have a CP1L-EM30 here the refuses to do an origin search using the ORG instruction, but once the origin has been set it will do a reference return using the ORG instruction. I am wait for some answers from Omron on that one. Reference.pdf Edited by Mendon Systems

thank you mate... will check it probably this Friday.