Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Powered By Dodge V8

uLogix 1500

3 votes

1. 1. how many bullets would you like to put in a 1500

• trick question... where's the gasoline and matches?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 posts in this topic

Whoever invented this particular model of death should be subjected to various unlimited forms of torture. Micrologix 1500 supports such great features as: -- cannot do online editing. -- no builtin ethernet interface -- ability to use 1761-NET-ENI for ethernet (wow - 4 whole concurrent connections, how snazzy!) -- embedded I/O (I hate embedded I/O - when I build a small system with an 1100 or 1400, I never use the on-brick I/O, makes emergency I/O card swaps easy). -- CompactLogix add-on I/O modules (really? why? The modules available for the 1100 / 1400 / 1200 are easier to configure, just as good) -- crappier instruction support than any other Micrologix processor. (I don't understand why 1100 / 1200 / 1400 have instruction support more resembling SLC-504 late firmware / SLC-505 than the 1500, which seems as bad as early firmware 503's).

Don't let the model number fool you: The MicroLogix 1500 was the successor to the MicroLogix 1000. The 1200, 1100, and 1400 all came (much) later. So its OS looks like a combination of the 5/02 and 5/03 operating systems because it is. It's oversized, underpowered, and outdated. But users want A-B to provide new products for twenty years, so they do.

And noted that it's also still running! Just finished a job with Reliance AutoMax...