Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
schjoh86

Communication loss?

2 posts in this topic

Afternoon all, I'm having a bit of an issue that has me scratching my head. Here's the current list of hardware and an overview of my issue: GT1265 HMI FX3U-40M PLC MR-J3-200A Servo Amplifier HF-JP153K Motor I'm troubleshooting an issue for an engineer here and he has a program written that is more or less a little positioning program. It rotates a sprocket one tooth, a tack welder comes out and tacks a piece of chain to a belt, sprocket rotates one tooth, tack welds, etc.... it just keeps doing that until the belt is done. We're using the encoder pulse count and doing the math with the sprocket teeth number to figure out how far to rotate for the next tooth. The issue we're having is, we use M8348 as the signal to initiate the move, however, whenever the encoder pulse count is between 0 and 150,000 approx, the screen will flash like its loosing communication for a second everytime that M8348 bit comes on. However, it will only do it until the encoder pulse count is greater than 150,000, then it will stop doing it until the count rolls back over to 0. The program continues to run just like normal, which is whats leading me to the thought of it being a comm loss between the screen and the PLC. Everything on the PLC is steady, the drive doesn't fault or stop or hiccup or anything. Its all in the screen as far as I can tell. I'm not sure what other information anyone would like to see if you can come up with anything, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Issue resolved. I was informed that the issue started after one of the more recent screens was added. I reverted back to a previously known working screen program and rebuilt it from there with the changes again. No issue with comm loss or screen flashing any more. Still not entirely sure how or what was done, but somewhere along the lines something happened to it. Thanks for those that looked and thought about what could be the issue!