Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atchison

Comfort Panel and WinAC

2 posts in this topic

Been doing some projects using MP177 panels and WinAC2008 and have had good results as I'm only controlling 1 or 2 devices with them. Converting to TIA Portal and some new features for this next project we found we needed to go to a Comfort Panel. When I asked siemens "help" support for information they said WinAC won't work on the TP700 but if you check Siemens documentation it says it works with it. The question I have is does the Same WinAC2008 work or do I need a different WinAC? Still getting used to this TIA V11 software so I haven't even figured out how to install it yet either. I can get my project working with a standalone PLC but the WinAC application I'm stuck.....any help would be greatly appreciatted. Thanks!!

Siemens finally got back to me and explained it in normal people terms. The Comfort Panels will work with WinAC RTX but you can not load WinAC RTX on the actual Panel like you could with the MP panel and WinacMP2008. You need a stand alone PC using Windows XP or 7 to load it on and then you can transfer data back and forth between the TP700 and WinAC RTX.