Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman47

OB10 not working

3 posts in this topic

I have a nagging problem with OB10. I am using the TOD_INTO to send a reset to a group of counters at the end of each shift. I have configured the OB10 as priority 2, Every Minute, with a start date of 1/01/1994, and the time of day as 00:00. In OB10 I am using SFC1 to read the system clock to temp11, then passing that to FC208. The ret_val of FC208, temp12, is then sent through two compare blocks to test if the time value is between 1380-420, for the third shift, 420-900 for first and 900-1380 for second shift. when the appropriate compare is true it sets an 'M' relay bit, through a one shot that sends a zero to the HMI through a move to a db bit that is read by the HMI. The problem is that I am only getting a zero from the ret_val, temp12. It would seem that FC208 is not processing the time of day, or it is not receiving the data from the SFC1, temp11. I have another program that is doing the same operation, and it works fine. The CPU's are both 6ES7 315-2GA10-0AB0, but the one that works is ver2.6 and the one that doesn't is ver2.0. I also found that the older version CPU does not have "AS A SLAVE" option in the Diagnostics/Clock tab, it only has "AS A MASTER". Could this have a bearing on my problem? Stickman!

Hi Stickman, In the properties of the CPU, under Time of Day Interrupts have you made OB 10 Active if you do this I am nearly sure you have to perform a warm start

I have the ACTIVE check box marked and have performed a warm start when I downloaded the new configuration. I found a quirk in this CPU. The version 2.0 does not have the "AS A SLAVE" option in the Diagnostic/Clock tab on the CPU. The other CPU, with the same catalog number, 6ES7 315-2AG10-0AB0, is a version 2.6. It has this option selected. I am wondering if this has any bearing on my project. Siemens does not have archive information on the older versions.