Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rockjulle

STL question

3 posts in this topic

Hi. I wonder why I when viewing FBD code in STL get all these "= L61.0", ="L61.1" and so on. What does this L mean?

The L-area is the temparea.. The compiler sometimes uses this area.. For example when doing "Advanced networks.." Example code: A #variable_01 = L 6.0 A L 6.0 BLD 102 L S5T#1S SD "T176" A L 6.0 A "T176" = #variable_02 R #variable_01 This code uses variable_01 to both start the timer and then in series with the timer in the same network.. Looks like this in ladder: variable_01 T176 --| |------------------(SD) | | T176 variable_02 |----| |-------( ) | variable_01 |---( R ) IF we had separated the code to look this way: Network 1 variable_01 T176 --| |------------------(SD) Network 2 T176 variable_02 ----| |-------( ) | variable_01 |---( R ) The compiler wouldnt need to use temp variables and the STL would look like this: Network 1 A #variable_01 L S5T#1S SD "T176" Network 2 A "T176" = #variable_02 R #variable_01 Do I make any sense?? Edited by Henric

Completely, you confirmed my suspisions. So I guess the networks are executed sequentially since the same temporary memory location can be used in all networks? What does this "BLD 102" instruction do? The reference manual says "The instruction is used for the programming device (PG) for graphic display. What does this mean and what does the number tell me? Thank you for for reply. Edited by Rockjulle