Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Serj_torn

Which is the UDP of 1768ENBT module

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone , i am interesting about which is the number of "UDP" port of 1768 ENBT communication module ,and are they a few ports .Is there just one TCP/UDP port maybe..... I have to connect to another Ethernet/Ip device , but the Person who will manage the network tell me that require UDP port . So I read the manual of the Ethernet Allen Bradley communication devices that support TCP/IP/UDP protocols , but in i cant to find the exactly number of the UDP port Best regards

For EtherNet/IP communications you typically need both TCP port 44818 and UDP port 2222. Specifically, for explicit messaging (UCMM or Class3), you would only need TCP port 44818. To do implicit messaging (Class 1) you would need both TCP port 44818 and UDP port 2222. Point-to-point connections can use a UDP port other than 2222, though unusual, it does happen from time to time.

Is the device you are connecting to an actual "EtherNet/IP " device, or is it just a device that happens to use Ethernet signalling, IP addressing, and UDP protocol ? Rockwell Automation controllers generally communicate using application-specific protocols, not generic sockets or datagrams. The 1768-EWEB can do some limited custom UDP and TCP communication, but in general devices designed to communicate with ControlLogix do so transparently, without knowledge or configuration of the underlying ports and protocols.

The device that ,the 1768 - ENBT module have to communicate is AMK controller , and the requirement is to manage some UDP - port from me and send ...80 bytes massive through the port. Am i understand right ? That the R.A. products communicate locally between each either whit specific CIP protocol , and the third parity device as in the case will no recognize the data. So in this case, do i have to use 1768 E WEB module and how to manage from it UDP port ? Best Regards