Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mac

Panelview C300 to Micrologix 1500 communications

6 posts in this topic

I've started on a simple little project for testing purposes. I have a Micrologix 1500 LRC and I'm trying to connect a Panelview C300 to it. I can get online to the 1500 with RSLinx. I can get online with the C300 using the usb link and the onboad software and create screens. Where I'm having an issue is with the comms between the 1500 and the C300. I have both setup for DF1 with the same settings and I'm plugged into the Serial com port of the C300 using a 1761-cbl-pm02 cable to the 1500. I read somewhere in the manual that it should communicate on that cable. When I look at my project and Validate Communications it comes back with no errors. Is there an easy way to tell if the plc is communicating with the C300? Sorry. It's the first time I've used this type of Panelview. The project doesn't warrant a "Real" panelview. Thanks

Can you post a screenshot of the Communications Configuration for the PanelView Component terminal ? The PanelView Component terminals have a "DTE" type port, so the null-modem style 1761-CBL-PM02 cable ought to work when plugged directly between the terminal and the MicroLogix controller.

Here are 2 pics of the Communications setup on both C300 and Micrologix 1500 LRP

I would stick with the default Station Addresses; configure the PanelView for address 2, and the MicroLogix as Address 1. I see them as 0 and blank in the CCW screenshot.

So I tried that.... No Luck. I think I've tried every combination that is offered on this C300. Is there any way of seeing that your actually online with a Micrologix PLC? I can't seem to find any screen or setting that actually shows a plc connected??? Thanks