Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jdawalt

Pwerflex Drives over Modbus to a ML 1400

2 posts in this topic

Gentlemen, I figure my debut post should be a challenging one =)... I am currently using a ML1400 to control 2 drives over mod-bus. I have everything set up, the messages are working talking to NODE 1 (Drive 1). My problem starts with NODE 2 ( Drive 2). I have the stop command for the drives attached to the E stop of the machine so when someone presses the E stop it stops the drive. When ever i E stop both drives stop running then when i restart Node 1 takes off running fine, but Node 2 sets in idle with a "Not Ready" fault coming back in the Logic status word 8448. If i cycle power to Node 2 when it comes back up the drive then accepts the parameters and works fine until someone presses the E stop again. now to factor out hardware i switched the addresses for Node 1 and Node 2 and the problem then follows so i can get the same thing to happen to whatever drive i set as node 2. The mod-bus is running a short distance with some 3phase 240v ~2-5 amps i would not believe that could cause this issue but right now i will take anything.

Either make sure that the parameter 'Start At Powerup' is set to Enable or delay for a while (long enough for the drive to come to its normal display) after the EStop to the drives are released before re-issuing (either by hardware or communications) the start command.