Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ICase

NS10 through serial to CJ1 over ethernet to CP1L?

5 posts in this topic

First off this is my first post and I don't normally like to ask for help in a forum before having something helpful to give to the community but I'm in a bit of a pickle. So here's my situation. I've got a main machine running a CJ1M-CPU12-ETN connected to a NS10-TV00B-ECV2 through serial(we got a panel without ethernet to save on cost). Now I've got to hook this up to two CP1L's both with CP1W-CIF41's. If there is a way to route the HMI to directly read/write to the CP1L's that would be great but I would be fine with just having the CJ1M read data from each CP1L and then the HMI can just read it from the CJ1M and also send information through the same way. I've tried to get the CJ1M to read data from one CP1L with the _CPU011_RecieveData function block but I don't know exactly how to set up all the proper network and node info in the function block or on the PLC's themselves(think I got it right) or if the CP1L's can even be read from like this. Any help would be appreciated even if it's just a definitive answer that this won't work and what we would need to get to make it work. Thanks. Also let me know if this is in the wrong place. Thanks.

ICase Yes, this can be done! It takes a little doing, and some understanding of FINS Routing in an Omron PLC. If you can provide the exact configuration, I can walk you through the setup. What I need is: 1. Model(2) of CP1L (specifically 1 or 2 plug in slots on the front). 2. Which socket the CIF41 is plugged into on the CP1Ls. 3. IP Addresses (or at least the last octets of the CJ1M and CP1Ls). 4. FINS Network number (if any) that was assigned to the CJ1M and / or CP1L for Ethernet. 5. Which serial port (Port A or Port B) on the NS is connected to the CJ1M.

Great, thanks. Here you go. 1. CP1L-M40DR-D (2 slots) 2. socket 1 3. I've set up the CJ1M to be 192.168.0.1 and the 2 CPLs to end with .2 and .3 4. Not sure any more I've been messing with all the settings trying to get something to work. I can make them whatever you give me as an example. 5. A

The attached .pdf should have all the settings that you need for the NS, CJ1, and CP1Ls. NS Comms.pdf

Thanks PMCR. I don't know when I'll get a chance to try this because the customer is doing a tryout of the machine this week and I'll be gone next week. Luckily the screen is not a big part of the operation and really more for errors and such but hopefully I'll get a chance to get at the machine while there still here so I can show them the whole thing up and running.