Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ptrksr

FINS error 2108 after restarting CP1H

3 posts in this topic

For my setup I need to be able to send FINS commands to a CP1H via the CIF41 ethernet adapter. I setup the the CIF41 through the browser and also configured the routing table on the PLC itself using CX integrator. FINS commands work fine from both my script and the FINS Color Coded messaging tool in most circumstances. After restarting the PLC for any duration of time any commands I sent either from the FINS messaging tool or the customized script I made resulted in a response of the command followed by 2108. For example if I sent the command 0501 the FINS messaging tool would show 05012108 as the response. I went back into the CIF41 configuration and changed address conversion mode to "Auto (Static)". This fixed the FINS messaging tool from getting a 2108 response, but the problem still persisted in my customized script. I finally figured out that when this happens I can fix it for my script by connecting to the PLC with CxProgrammer and then disconnecting. It is almost like it resets a stuck socket or something similar. So my question is why do I persist to get a response code of 2108 when the PLC goes down for any amount of time even when I copied the command directly from FINS messaging tool. And why does connecting with Cx programmer fix it. Here is some diagnostic information, if more is needed just let me know. This is the most current configuration of the CIF41 module Here is the most current configuration of the FINS testing program Here is the packet sent from my script that issues a read memory area command (the one I get a 2108 response to) Here is the response packet from my script when I issue a memory area read command (notice the 2108 at the end) Now here is the packet that is generated from the FINS testing program that works regardless if the PLC has been powered down Finally here is the response to the FINS testing program packet Edited by ptrksr

ptrksr First of all, great diagnostic information! Screen shots are the best way to get help quickly! In your CIF41 setup, you show 10.50.2.32 as the IP address, with 32 as the node number. Proper standard FINS node address based on the last octet of the IP address. In the Color Coded FINS Messaging Tool, you have 54 as the Node Number (which I hard coded as the default). Do you still get the same response if you change the node number to 32? I have tried to replicate this with a CIF41, and as long as I have the destination node number set correctly, I cannot cause the error.
1 person likes this

PMCR, Thank you for taking the time to try to replicate this issue. Regarding the node number it was a typo when I took the screen shot. The problem persists even when I changed the node and network numbers to reflect the correct changes. A weird thing that occurred when I started messing with the network and node numbers. (Disregard the port number changing) When I set both source network to 1 and destination network to 1 I would get a response of command+85010020. So a 0701 would result in a response of 070185010020. Then when I would set the network source and address to 00 I would get the 2108 response. Thanks again, Edited by ptrksr