Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dark_Dog

Domain Controller

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have a project with Control Logix to setup. Most of it is straight forward except for one piece of nasty stuff. Rockwell Domain Controller which handles security (password, logic etc.....so I am told). Problem is Rockwell site has nothing of it and makes no mention of it. So you may ask well do I really need it, well I didn't think so at first but it's on the ethernet part of the network so I need it. Anyway to keep the story short where can I get info. on this Domain Controller.

From a quick search on the internet it appears that the domain controller just refers to a Windows NT or 2000 Server that is on the network. This can be any server running the required software. If you have an IS/IT department you have a domain controller. It also appears to require Windows 2000 or Server based on the number of users you require. Here is the release note I found that referenced the Domain Controller: RSViewSE release notes I would contact Rockwell or your local rep for more detailed information.