Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwalker

RSView and OPC Server issue

1 post in this topic

Hi experts, need some advice. I have an application where RSView prints a label to a zebra printer via an OPC server. I have four of these setups on the plant floor and only 1 of them is giving me issues. Every week or so 1 of the systems (the same one) will stop printing, usually a STOP project then START project will get things moving again, but as of late an entire PC re-boot is in order. I dug through the Activity Log of RSView and found the following error each time a print command was supposed to occur: RSViewTagSetServer "Write to tag 'tagname' has failed: Client: Could not connect to the OPC server. ......So it would seem we have an issue between RSView and OPC..... Now the strange thing is the OPC server is also connected to a barcode scanner and that part of it is working fine. I would think that if there was an error with the OPC server that the barcode read would stop working as well. The barcode reader and printer are both serial devices connected to the PC by a 4 port PCI-Express serial card. I'm not an OPC expert but am trying to learn. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Dave Things I have checked: The OPC software is setup the same as the others The RSView tags are set accordingly Cabiling (on both ends)