Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shoaibmoin

CJ1W-EIP21 NETWORK CONFIGURATOR

4 posts in this topic

hi, Im trying to communicate with Ethernet/IP device (4G7 Checker- Vision system) with CJ1W-EIP21 and network configurator software, does any one have some support/training material or example program. PLEASE POST i have EDS file for the vision system and installed in configurator.But the communication is Asynchronous. i think i'm making some mistake some where, please help thank you for any help

Hello I don't have any documents, but the process is pretty straightforward, providing Cognex have provided a valid eds. If you post your confif, and the eds, I'l lhave a look. Pp

please see the attachments i have explained the problems im facing please help thank you config.doc Doc1.doc EDS.rar

Setting up EtherNet/IP communications involves a few steps. 1. Import the .eds files. 2. Drag / Drop the devices onto the network diagram. 3. Set the IP addresses for the devices. 4. Configure the Tags in the CJ1W-EIP21 (in the network configurator) 5. Make the Connections in the Network Configurator 6. Download the configuration to the CJ1W-EIP21. Once these 6 steps are done, you can start to troubleshoot and look for errors. Attached is a lab from a training that I developed. It is slightly different from what you are doing, as it is a PLC to PLC datalink, but the setup of Tags and the ideas behind setting up a connection are the same. Omron Top Gun Training Fall 2008 CJ2 Module Lab 3.pdf