Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Jupho

PLC-5 vs PLC-2

5 posts in this topic

Alright, I'm now trying to convert a program for a slope hoist, written for a a mini PLC-2, to a program for my PLC-5/25. I have a annotated copy of the program, along with a computer file for it. I started to try to copy it, but I got hung up. The words for the PLC-2 don't seem to have a file association like the ones on the PLC-5 does. If anyone could shed any light on this, it would be much appreciated. Also, how exactly does the concept of a file play into this? As always, thanks for your help (in advance). - Joe

Jopho, Check out chapter 4 in this manual. Link to manual Page 34 has a map of the memory areas. It should answer your question.The PLc-2 does not use the same memory addressing. ie: B3/0 It uses blocks of words ie: 010 thru 026 are the output image table. Bob

Alright, so what do you think would be the best way to go about converting the PLC-2 memory locations to that in the PLC-5?

When you say mini, do you mean it's a -LN1/LN2/LN3? or is it a 2/15, 2/16, 2/17, 2/05? Are you using the same chassis? - needs to be a series B and you'll need a different power supply (1771-P7) and cable. Start by sorting out the real I/O from internal storage bits. Put outputs into file O:0 and inputs into file I:1. The numbering is the same. Just remember that the processor chassis is rack 0 for the PLC5 by default, not 1 as for the PLC2 (you can change this with a dipswitch setting). e.g. output 010/00 becomes O:000/00 and input 112/00 becomes I:002/00 Put internal storage bits into file B3 - addresses like B3:0/1 (file B3, word 0 bit 1) Timers go in file T4, counters in C5. Use N7 (integers) or F8 (floating point) for numbers and math.

The PLC-2 is a mini-PLC-2/05. I have a new chassis and all new I/O modules.