Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mac

micrologix1100 menu to Panelview Plus1000

8 posts in this topic

Hello Does anyone have any experience with creating a list of data on a Micrologix 1100 and Showing that list on a Panelview 1000? I've created the ST bits and I can see them all on the Panelview screen I've created but when I try to show just one that I've picked from the menu I can't get it to copy to that ST bit to a specific ST bit I guess what I'm asking is ...Is it possible to choose a menu item from a list on the panelview and show it as a string display on another page? I've seen it done on a SLC but not on a Micro1100. Hope it's not too confusing?

No takers? I'm sure it's in the way I'm posing the question. What I'm trying to do is select from a list and display that selection (and only that selection) on another page. I can see all my models on the list but I'm having issues after I select that model in trying to display it on the next page. I'm using ST bits as my list and I'm trying to copy all those bits seperatly to a single bit that I can display on the screen. Very frustrating as I've seen it done with a slc 500 and the same panelview 1000. Any Help would be appreciated.

I guess I don't know what an 'ST bit' is. I've heard of strings which have an ST data type but what is an 'ST bit'?

Sorry. I am talking about String Data. Eg. ST10:0 is my first menu item. I'm trying to get ST10:0,St10:1,ST10:2.......ect....into ST10:49 then get that ST10:49 to display as the current selection on my panelview. Thanks

Exactly which control are you using to 'select' a given string? In a list control pressing the 'Enter' key usually just selects the index. In the PLC program we also use the 'notification' and 'handshake' tags as a trigger to then copy the selected string (along with the rest of associated information) into a common location which is the information viewed on all other screens.

I was looking for a quick and easy way to copy or move that selection to another ST data file and the pick that tag on the panelview. Without Indirect Addressing I'm not sure there is a way? Thanks

Lack of indirect with strings has been a sore point. We use brute force, as many rungs as there are index numbers, and doing a string copy for each.

I'm looking at probably 150 or 200 meny items (Model Numbers) I don't even think an MLX1100 can handle that many String files(I keep getting errors of words more than 4K)...let alone the 150 lines of programming. It was the PLC that was handed to me by Engineering....I've only worked with Sl/c , Contrologix and MLX1500. This one was new to me...I'm thinking we will be substituting it. Thanks for your help.