Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mendon Systems

CX Drive Programming question

2 posts in this topic

According to the CX Drive Programming manual, the multiply and divide instructions are an eight bit number (-128 to +127) multiplied or divided by a 32 bit number (-2147483648 to 2147482347). That simply doesn't make any sense at all!! Has anyone tried these functions to see if that is really the way they work?? What I need to do is divide the value in D002 by the motor's nameplate current to calculate approximately the actual slip % of the motor at load. Those are both 16 bit values so according to the manual it can't be done.

Hello The -128 to 127 limitation is indeed very strange. I do this: d002Copy := d002 'take a copy of your parameter' MotorNamePlate := 1000 'lets you put in numbers greater than 127' Result := d002Copy / MotorNamePlate [old git mode]Programming an MX2 takes me back to the good old days when plc's had little memory and one used scratch areas.[/old git mode] It doesn't deal with floating points, but the DINT numbers allow you to multiply everything by 10, 100 or more prior to the divide so you don't lose precision. Cheers, Paul