Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daryl

FactoryTalk View Question

5 posts in this topic

Simple question folks. Currently RSView32 is the only Rockwell based SCADA I have on site, which I have a development licence for. I'm soon to take ownership of 2 systems which have been created using FactoryTalk View. I'm getting the impression that FactoryTalk View is the newer version of RSView32. So, I'd like to ask, if I buy a development licence for FactoryTalk View, will I be able to use it to develop my RSView32 project? Also, while I'm here, if anyone has this information to hand, if not, I'll just get a quote from my local supplier, how much roughly does a FactoryTalk View development licence cost? thanks... Daryl

FactoryTalk is different than RSView32 so no you will not be able to work on your RSView32 project with FactoryTalk. Do you know if these applications are stand alone [Only one computer] or networked [server with Clients Connected]? Hope this helps

They are stand alone, but with a view to connecting to an OPC server in the future. I'm trying to find out so I can justify the cost of purchasing a development licence for FactoryTalk View. The two FTView projects are very small. I can't justify whatever the cost may be for a development licence for any potential modifications for such small systems. I could have justified it if it could have been used for my RSView project as it's relatively big, for a single, stand alone process. thanks anyway.

It may help to note that a View32 project can be imported into ViewSE.

This is true and it's good you mentioned it. Also, View32 was tag based while ViewSE is screen based.