Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malc cope

WAGO 750-637 Encoder

2 posts in this topic

Hi I need to measure distance travelled on a conveyor, I am thinking of using a incremental encoder connected to a 750-637 module and use the Cam o/ps on the module to trigger when a particular point is reached. The Cam Low and high points will be set in the controller program (750-833) , these will be calculated by using the 750-637 count value at a particular point in the program + (counts = to distance to be travelled) +/- (counts = cam angle). Initially I see no real problem with this other than approaching maximum count value where the Cam low value could be calculated to be higher than the high value, my question is does anyone know what the action of the cam o/p's are under these circumstances?

This is encoder rollover. 1- add your offfset to your current count, if the result is greather than max count value, substract max count value to the result. Eg max count: 1000 current count 900 and offset: 150 900+150=1050 1050-1000=50 Do the same thing with + angle for create a kind of windows ( lowest value is currentcount + offset and highest value is result + angle value in count. 2- To track position, use these compare logic: If highest value is greather than lowest use this condition : currrent count > lowest value AND current count< highest value If lowest value is greather than highest use this condition: current count > lowest value OR current count < highest value. I use this logic very often, it is very simple and work well. I you need more detail, just ask.