Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dfwise

Controller Link Problems

1 post in this topic

I have two stations (I'll call them C2 and C3). They are sharing memory areas outside the ranges specified by the Controller Link network and within part of the DeviceNet area (CIO 3200/3300) and other CIO areas 3925. An example of this is C3's DeviceNet I/O 3307.04 and 3307.05 is actually seeing C2's I/O of the same address and if I force on bit 3925.05 in C3 it comes on in C2. The setup is the same on all 9 nodes (Area 1 is CIO 5000 for 20 words)(Area 2 is E2 0 for 300 words) but only C2 and C3 have the problem. More info: -These stations are nearly identical in design and programming. -9 nodes (1-9) exist on the Controller Link network and there are no duplicates. -Every station has its own PLC (CS1H-CPU65H). -Each PLC has 3 communications cards (CS1W-CLK23: Unit 10) (CS1W-DRM21: Unit 14) (CS1W-ETN21: Unit 15). -There are no routing tables in the PLCs on this line. Did transfer from PLC within Integrator and received no table back. -Network number is checked as being "not used" on Controller Link and DeviceNet in the network setup area of Integrator. I was thinking of setting the network numbers but I only have problems on these two stations. -Controller Link cards setup for "automatic setting" in I/O table and Integrator. -No errors on PLCs or cards. -Line came over from Japan and has been working correctly for years and the only reason this came about was the addition of some sensors and error handling (no changes were made to DeviceNet/Controller Link settings). I've checked everything I can think of and my experience with Controller Link is somewhat limited. If anyone has another idea of where to check, it would be greatly appreciated. Edited by dfwise