Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big_Lou

Ultra 3000 with auxiliary encoder

1 post in this topic

Hi, I have a question I asked on other boards without success, so I hope I'll get assistance here. I have a 2098-DSD-HV100X Ultra wired to an Automation Direct incremental encoder #TRD-GK2500-RZD with a 3.8" wheel. I'm using a Parker linear screw actuator #ETH100 with a Reliance servo motor #F4075R-HOO-AA. In Ultraware, I get 15785 pulses for every inch of actuator movement, the book on the motor states it has 2000 lines and the encoder has 2500ppr. The encoder measures 12" per revolution. I'm using this setup for a rollforming line which the encoder wheel contacts the material to be tracked going into a shear which is attached to the actuator and when the correct length is reached, the actuator moves the shear die with the material till the cut is complete, then the actuator returns to a home position. What I need to know is how, with this information, I can figure out what the load:motor ratio should be in Ultraware under the auxiliary encoder setting. I need to track the speed of the material through the roll form. Please advise. Thank You, Lou