Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luke Patterson

InTouch TSE + Historical Logging, Contention between app instances

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an InTouch app running over Windows terminal server. I want the "console" app (the application running all the time on the server with system credentials) to be the only instance of the app that has historical logging enabled, and let the client instances read what the console app records. My plan was to: enable "Historical Logging" in the project configuration, then let a startup application script programmatically set $HistoricalLogging based on running as console. (If I don't enable "Historical Logging" in the project configuration, then $HistoricalLogging has no effect.) The problem is that InTouch creates/overwrites empty logging files upon startup, before my application startup script can set $HistoricalLogging to the desired value. The console instance starts logging data, and then the client instances intefere with the logging files by overwriting them. The console app no longer records data after the client instances start. InTouch 10.1 Windows 2008 R2

I did this recently in a project .. I will post the start up script as soon as I get on my laptop.