Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob O

1768-L43 V16.9 -> V19

4 posts in this topic

Forum, I have to add controls to a line that is currently set-up up with this: 1768-L43 [V16.9] 1768-ENBT [****Doesn’t show in the offline project] 1769-SDN/B 1769-SDN/B 1769-SDN/B 1769-IQ16/A 1769-OW16/A New hardware to be added will be Flex I/O over Ethernet and a PF 40 drive on Ethernet. I want to update the firmware in the controller to V19 so I can use the import function for the routines I write offline. The controller is also communicating with an SE V4.0 networked app. Does anyone see why updating the firmware shouldn’t work or potential problems? Also, every compactlogix I have worked with in the past had the Ethernet build in and so I don’t understand how/why it isn’t complaining that there is a 1768-ENBT card in the and why it isn’t showing in the offline .ACD. Thanks for your time, Bob O

Check with RA Technical Support to be certain that your version of RSLinx Enterprise will communicate with the v19 controller. My confidence factor is 90% with that because I've only had to update RSLinx Enterprise to recognize new hardware models of controller or network module (like MicroLogix 1400, 1756-EN2T, or 1756-L7x), rather than new firmware revisions of models that already exist in the RSLinx Enterprise hardware database. Communication modules that aren't being used for I/O don't have to appear in the I/O tree in RSLogix 5000. The integrated Ethernet modules on the 1768-L3x were just built into the controller default configuration for convenience. This applies to DH+ modules, Ethernet modules, and ControlNet modules. To use the Ethernet module for I/O connections, you'll just have to add it to the I/O tree in the appropriate slot.

Ken, Thank you. I assume I won't need to do anything with the DeviceNet other then go only with it and save incase something horribly goes wrong. Thanks again and have a good weekend. Edit...Talking with RA chat right now and they say maybe it [RSLinx Enterprise] will work or maybe it won't..They don't know. Time to call into support. Edit Edit...GO Big Red..If they show up to play. Edited by Bob O

When I open the windows I can hear the cheering from over on Montlake... but I'm drowning it out shouting encouragement at the Irish offense on TV. Back up the DeviceNet scanner configurations, but there should be no problem with that. Figure out exactly which revision of RSLinx Enterprise your RSView SE 4.0 system is using... despite the "CPR" product coordination, RSLinx Enterprise has undergone several updates outside the main FactoryTalk CPR set. You should be able to take the CompactLogix backwards to v16 if you need to. Correction: Either my ears are way better than I thought or the cheers were coming from the apartment building down the block. The Huskies put up a brave attempt at Lincoln today but the Big Red prevailed. Edited by Ken Roach