Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Helly

ProTool Pro RT communicating with S7-200

4 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone! I have this project; a ProTool Pro RT to communicate with S7-200 (CPU226) via PC/PPI cable. I have tested the programs with our two office pC and they communicated, but when the workstation PC arrived and installed the RT the problem came out. Once I tried to run the RT with the PC/PPI cable connected the PC shutsdown and can no longer achieve the connection. Since the PC is not that important to the system (the user will only open it when they need to monitor some readings) they provided a low end PC but I think good enough. PC Specs: PIII 600MHz, 128MB RAM, Win2000SP2 Software Installed: Step 7 V5.2 Step 7 Microwin v3.2 Protool Pro CS/RT v6.0 SP2 We cannot include a CP5611 because it would be overkill for this application and the budget is not that flexible. Anybody, please help me on this... Thanks Helly

I have no certain answers for you but I would apply W2K SP 3 or 4 and possibly upgrade the memory. These don't seem likely to be the cause but I don't know of anything else given the info presented.

I got same problem and i solved it in the win2000 settings. In system configuration go to serial and parralel ports and change te serial setting. Normal the FIFO buffer is activated and you have to disable it. Works for me

Hi, Have you considered using the CP243 IT module? that way you could use any pc with a browser - you could read and set variables using java. You can use the ethernet port for programming as well! I've used FireFox under Linux and MS as well as IE5 & 6 and Netscape under MAC OSX , any old machine will do! Limitations are speed of update, probably not more that half a second using the supplied java beans. Why not check out the LibNoDave project http://libnodave.sourceforge.net it wouldn't take long to put together a program to read and write a few variables. How much data do you need to monitor? I have used the freeport mode to send data to a serial port, then used VB to display the results, again not quick but very cheap!! Marc Sinclair http://www.germainesystems.co.uk