Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Graeme

FTView Studio 6.00 won't compile back to v4.00 runtime

4 posts in this topic

I have FTView Studio v6.00 and I'm trying to make minor changes to a previous project that started life as ver.4.xx. The mer runtime runs on ME Station on a PC and the client only has a license for that version. The upgrade cost is way beyond the value of the changes required. I have the complete project source files and have made the changes required. When I compile the runtime mer file, and select ver 4.00 the compiler fails - after about 30-40seconds with this report... ========================================================================================================== ERROR: Unsupported feature=Close an On Top Display on Display Tab; Component type=Global Connections ERROR: Unsupported feature=Close All On Top Displays on Display Tab; Component type=Global Connections ERROR: Unsupported feature=CaptionOnPad; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputCursorPoint9 ERROR: Unsupported feature=CaptionOnPad; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputCursorPoint8 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputCursorPoint1 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputCursorPoint5 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputCursorPoint4 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputCursorPoint2 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputCursorPoint7 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputEnable7 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Lower/Upper Limit; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=RampButton3 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Lower/Upper Limit; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=RampButton1 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputEnable6 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Lower/Upper Limit; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=RampButton7 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Lower/Upper Limit; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=RampButton6 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputEnable8 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputCursorPoint6 ERROR: Unsupported feature=CaptionOnPad; Component type=Displays; Component name=SeparatorCnvs; Object name=NumericInputCursorPoint10 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=Reject_Man; Object name=NumericInputEnable6 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Lower/Upper Limit; Component type=Displays; Component name=Reject_Man; Object name=RampButton7 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Lower/Upper Limit; Component type=Displays; Component name=Reject_Man; Object name=RampButton6 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Min/Max; Component type=Displays; Component name=Reject_Man; Object name=NumericInputEnable3 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Lower/Upper Limit; Component type=Displays; Component name=Reject_Man; Object name=RampButton3 ERROR: Unsupported feature=Use Variable Lower/Upper Limit; Component type=Displays; Component name=Reject_Man; Object name=RampButton1 *** Start RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages *** ERROR: Internal error detected, error code = 37. *** End RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages *** Validation completed with errors. The runtime application has NOT been created. ========================================================================================================== None of the objects listed were any part of the the recent changes. In fact, the above report was before I made the changes ( I re-extracted the original APA file) I never had this problem when making changes with 5.xx. Not sure if it's relevant but I'm on Windows-XP with SP3. Any help here would be really appreciated.

see RA tech note: 46600 - Internal Error Detected error code = 37 message when trying to create a runtime I got that error once and after check your comms (I suggest to redo comms config) everything work fine

Thanks - good idea but no luck. I deleted the ethernet driver on both setup tabs. Re-instated the driver and set the shortcut up again. Same results. My technical rep has advised us to update to v6.00 but this is a bit of an overkill solution I reckon. The point is it should re-compile to 4.00 if that feature is provided.

If I were at Tech Support I would ask to see the file and find out if the compilation errors can be duplicated. Can you post the *.APA here ? Error 37 is fairly common, because it comes from a misconfigured RSLinx Enterprise. But I've never seen un-modified objects generate "unsupported feature" errors.