Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brinkmann

Numeric input exceeds input range

4 posts in this topic

We have the ML1400 with a Panelview 600 plus. Factory tallk View Studio ME (5.10.00 CPR9 SR 2) is used to program the HMI. Ethernet communications are used. We're trying to input a setpoint (0-1400) for a PID setpoint. The numeric input (N7:50) goes directly into a SCP command which in turn scales it for the PID. N7:50 is only used for that function. Nowhere else is it used in the program. The SCP command scales 0-1400 to 0-16,383 to N7:52. Which in turn is moved into the PID setpoint. On the HMI Numeric input enable (numeric tab) we set: Numeric popup to key pad Mimimum Value to 0 Maximum Value to 1400 Decimial point to implicit Problem: When you hit the popup keyboard it shows a vailid range of 0-1400 . But when you input a value higher than 100 we get: 1) value inputed turns red. 2) Popup error displays "failed to write out of range value of 1200 to tag TEST_FLOW. Valid range is 0-100." A value less than 101 works fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Look in the 'HMI Tag' area. Find that tag. You will see that a limit is in place there. It was probably copied from another tag then the address changed without reviewing the limits.At least that's the mistake I made to trigger this message. Edited by b_carlton

Thanks b_carlton, you guys are great. On a separate note, with a total flow calculation (220,000 gallons) if I use a number greater than 32,767 will I fault the processsor? What is the largest number I can use?

The 1400 supports the Long data type. Use that. Of course you can't use that number, as is, in a counter. You may have to roll your own. On each sensor input, possibly after a one-shot, just add the amount it represents to the Long total. Edited by b_carlton