Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Array  Integrator

Landis & Gyr 8979

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a controller or RTU/PLC that communicates Landis & Gyr 8979 protocol. Or if I could get a protocol converter that could(for instance) convert modbus RTU to Landis & Gyr protocol. I can't find anything online on this old protocol. Any help or contacts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug

Your post intrigued me because I have never heard of that protocol. When I did a search, a link to www.prosoft.com came up. The .pdf is attached. (The link I tried to insert did not work.)MVI56_LNG_Datasheet1.pdf I am not sure if Allen Bradley is an option for you, since you posted this in the Siemens forum, but it might be worth a try. I do not have experience with this module. Like I said, it came up in a search while I was trying to learn more. Good luck. Edited by drforsythe

http://www.ipcomm.de/product/ipConv/en/sheet.html telegyr is the protocol name

This is what I was looking for , we usually standardize on Rockwell products, so this would work great if they are still available. Thanks

Shiner, I found this when I was surfing for it too. This company is out of Europe, I think I might give them a call and see what they , it seems it might be pricey , because it will be customized to them. Thanks