Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
308guru

Barcode scanning question

7 posts in this topic

I have a barcode question. I use symbol barcode scanners to bring the data into a ML1100 or ML1400. In machines I’ve worked on in the past, I’ve always used fixded length barcodes. By that I mean each meaningful segment of the barcode is a definite length and in a definite spot every time. A simple example would be A5000100 which could be part number A5000 and a quantity of 100. The part number or quantity may change but they always occupy the same length and placement. I always bring the barcode into an ST location, and then split it up to a bunch of other ST locations. From there I can use ST compare to start determining what the product is and what to do. A new application I have uses a comma delimited barcode. I haven’t use this before and I’m not sure how to. A couple examples could be A5000;100 and B525000000000;1. They can be drastically different in length and content. Is it possible to somehow start at the first segment of the barcode, get it into an ST location, notice the semicolon, put the next chunk in the next ST location, and so on? I’m looking for help on how to code this if it’s possible. Hopefully this is clear enough. Please let me know if any more info would help? Thanks.

In general use ASC to determine the position of the semicolon (you mentioned comma delimited but show semicolons). Use the result to divide up the string using AEX commands.

Oops. The barcode is semicolon delimited. Thanks for the info. I'll read about those commands.

as for bring data into a ML1100 or ML1400.you should find a barcode reader which support such a transformation on the internet, you can try this barcode scanner which i have used for a lonf time . i feel it is easy to use but i don't know exactly whether it can solve this question .buddy, i think you should have a try.

yes, thebarcode reader is a reliable barcode reading component, written in managed C#, which helps .NET developers to quickly and easily add barcode recognition functionality to .NET projects. Integrate advanced barcode functions into Visual Studio .NET, ASP.NET, Windows Forms projects Completely written in Visual C#.NET, compatible with .NET 2.0 and greater versions Scan and recognize barcodes from any directions in C#, VB class and console application Support quick barcode scanning for multiple barcode images in one image file at a time Decoding linear & 2d barcodes from multiple file formats and .NET image objects Read and scan 1d & 2d barcode images in .NET, such as Code 39, Code 128, QR Code, PDF-417, etc

This .NET Imaging Barcode Reading SDK supports high speed, accurate scanning and recognizing for nearly 30 different linear and 2D barcode symbologies and sub-types within the VB.NET Windows and web applications. It empowers users with particular abilities to read and scan all the daily used barcode types (such as Code 39, RM4SCC and QR Code) from any target image and document file.

I have never used a barcode reader in the past, but I did have built a barcode encoding project. Check this out. :)