Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gastto

BX5100 and AX2003

3 posts in this topic

Sorry i post this on another board by mistake ... hopefully this one is right... I have an old positioning device that now needs points moved. I have never used twincat and I can not seem to find any data tables that would contain the position values. Any input on this would make me grateful. The manual tells me what but I can"t seem to find the where?

Do you have the program for both the BX5100 and the Servo drive? Depending on how it is programmed, I believe the points can be stored in either device.

A BX is not capable to control a servo as it’s not powerful enough, therefore, you can have two different configurations here: 1. The points are stored in the BX5100 and sent via ADS calls to the Servoamplifier. 2. The points are stored inside the servoamplifier and you use the PLC to execute programs… If you have an AX2000 device (seroamplifier) then you should download the DRIVE.EXE program from the Beckhoff site and download the configuration into your PC to check what is happening there. If you have an AX5000 device then you will need to use System Manager to get inside the parameterization of the servodrive. And at the end you will need the source code for the PLC to see what is running inside (unless who programmed it put the source inside the PLC which is not very common).