Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sirius0

Address names instead of symbols

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying to find my way around RSLogix . I have uploaded a program with symbols or tags already present. I cannot find how to display the actual address info. Meaning which slot, which bit? Can anyone help please as i neeed to change a timer preset searching back from the hardware, sigh. Thank you. Chris

Welcome Which RSLogix are you using 5, 500 or 5000 and can you post the code and tell us what you are looking for?

If you are using RSLogix5 or RSLogix 500, right click in any blank area of the ladder display. Select Properties. From there you can set your address display preferences. If you are using RSLogix5000 then addresses are tag based, meaning that there is no file:word/bit addressing scheme. Tags are created as needed on the fly and the necessary memory is allocated and structured when the tag is created. Where physical inputs and outputs are used the address is shown below the tag name. You can select any tag, right click, and click properties to view the tag properties. Or you can look up all the tags under controller tags or program tags in the project tree pane. Edited by Alaric

Thank you all this has been helpful! As always there is a lot to be said for tracing the button back to the input LED. Then I just searched for the address. More difficult with AB though as even the hardware tag isn't a straight out address. I miss Siemens! sigh...