Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evnttrggr

Problem with RTOS instruction in CLX

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am using a RTOS instruction, CLX, to convert my data, which is in a UDT to string. The problem which I am facing can be expalined with the following example: my source contains value: 32000200.00. But the output is a string with value 3.20002000e+007. I was expecting the output to be just a string with value 3200200 (the fractional part being truncated). The project contraints do not allow me to change the type of the destination. I am using the source as Real, since it is part of a UDT with most of the components being Real. I've bunched all the Real values together. I would like to keep this structure. Currently I am using SoftLogix for testing. Later, I will be using the L63 controller. Any advises and/or insights? Thanks in advance for the help, Regards Evnttrggr

Figured out another way. I first coonvert Real to DINT then to String. I then get the desired result. However I would like to know, why is it not working directly for the Real value. I might save on using one instruction!! Evnttrggr

You can use DTOS which does a type conversion implicitly (drops the fraction) if you call it with a real. There is unfortunately no equivalent of the sprintf instruction which would allow for formatting control, unless you write your own (AOI).