Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marine90

ControlLogix To Excel Reading and Writing Data to tags

2 posts in this topic

I have searched many forums and found great ways to use microsoft excel to grab data from tags and write data into tags. This is set up and works fine for me. The next step that I am trying to do that I have not found information on is I am trying to use RsView ME which is being used on the same PC that excel is on. I am not actually using a Panelview plus, only the .apa on a computer. I am trying to setup 2 buttons on the .apa file one will read and the other will write as well as open the excel spreadsheet I have setup to read/write tags. When I press the read button I would like it to open the excel spreadsheet then start reading the tags in the controllogix. The way I have it now is I have to manually open excel and then press the read or write command button on the excel spreadsheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached what I have so far. I am not as concerned with the error reporting as I am with the functionallity of being able to open and start reading/writeing from the hmi screen from the PC. Steve EMS_8652444Temp.xls
1 person likes this

Hi Steve, To start Excel and load a workbook of choice you need to issue the following: excel [filename] where filename is the full filename of the workbook you want to open. You will need to issue this command from your pushbutton press. I am not sure what the script is but I do know that in RSView it is AppStart(). Jim (SyTech.com)