Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ianbuckley

RSLogix 5000 versions

3 posts in this topic

Our company has a RSLogix 5000 V17 Mini license, as we normally use CompactLogix when we use A-B. We have a customer that would like a trial of a potential upgrade to an existing system. We have worked out the trial details, (duration, who pays what, etc.). The existing system uses a 1756 ControlLogix processor. The plan is to use the customer's license of L5K Standard for startup, so that we don't have to shell out $3000 for software we wouldn't otherwise need. I have downloaded the trial version of v17 Standard from the A-B web site that allows me to view and edit the existing program. I have imported the necessary code using a separate task and I am working on editing out the parts that are being replaced. The potential problem is the customer has L5K Standard v16. I do not see an option to do a "Save as v16" anywhere. Am I missing it? I don't see it on our Mini license either, though it shows multiple versions installed. Any advice? Thanks, Ian

When finished save the project as an L5K file. This is a pure text file. At the top is identification concerning the version. I believe there are two lines which have to be changed. Have your customer create a dummy project for the same type controller then export it to an L5K file. Open both in Notepad. Compare the tops and change your full program to match. It should re-import into their software fine.