Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zorn

PVP+ Datalogging

6 posts in this topic

Hi All, I have a panel view plus 1000 that I am trying to get to datalog to a stand alone PC. I have a connectivity to the PVP+ from the computer. However I am not getting any data transfer. Has anybody tried doing this and is so what were the results. My path name in the datalog model is "//pcname/Lubelines" I have filled in the login, password, and domain in the terminal settings the same as the computer. I have the primary DNS address the same as the computers IP. Is there anything else that I am forgetting?

This might just be an oversight in the post, but those slashes in the PC path name are going the wrong way... (i.e., use a backslash "\" not a forward slash "/")

The forward slash is a type O in the question. The path name does have the back slash.

This sentence is confusing me a little. Are you saying that in the field for the DNS server you have placed the computer's actual IP or the same DNS address that the computer is using? Perhaps I am not familiar enough with PV+, but I suspect that this may be the problem. If you used the hostname of the computer, the PV needs a domain name server to find out the computer's IP. You can test this by changing \\pcname\folder to \\PC_IP_Address\folder. ~Jeff

On the screen there are the network settings, one is labeled server ID and in the block for primary DNS I put the computers IP address, and on the network settings I put the computers IP, Sudnet and gateway address. Plus on the network ID screen I put the login, password and domain on the computer. now on the PVP+ software the path name does not let me use "." so I can't type the IP address.

Perhaps rudimentary... but did you specify the data log model in your project Startup settings? Also, verify that the user you are specifying in your PVP has read/write access to the shared folder. Even though you may have specified an administrator account, it doesn't automatically grant you full control when accessing it as a share. Check the Share Permissions.