Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brinkmann

RS Linx 2.52 & 2.54 & ML1400

4 posts in this topic

I have a headache... On one computer we have RSlinx 2.52.00.17 and Factory talk view studio (ME) 5.00.00 CPR 9, build 55. This computer is used for the HMI programming. It also has an older version of RSlogix 500, pre ML 1400. Factory talk sees the PLC..........correct IP address, 1766-L32EBWA A/5.00............without the PLC name (see below). With the RSlinx it sees the ML1400 as an unrecognized device with the correct IP address. I tried the upload EDS file from device, which it does and says its a ML1400. I deleted the harmony files and restarted. I maybe D/L the file to the wrong (default) location. No luck. Since it's my understanding RSLogix500 and RSlogix Micro starter can't be on the same computer, they aren't. The RSlogix Micro program and RSlinx 2.54.00.11 are on a different computer. They see the PLC fine. (with the computer name for the device shortcut need for the HMI.) These use the newer internet based activation. The older machine uses the older node locked activation. 1) Is the older RSlinx the problem with seeing the ML1400? or is there another way around this to get the short cuts into the factory talk view studio -ME software.? ( I can D/L the sceens just fine, without the "connections") 2) If I take the factory talk view over to the other computer, will the activations conflict? Is this the best route ? basically abandon the RSLogix500. 3) Or is somethine else wrong? 4) Lastly will the ML1400 "talk to" (messaging) to a compactLogix L32E? I think it will. Thanks in advance!!!!!! I'm going to de stress for a while.......

1) Linx is your problem - MLX 1400 requires 2.54 of Linx Classic. View ME uses Linx Enterprise, which requires at least v5.17 to see the MLX correctly. I think you'll need to upgrade to v5.1 of ME (and 5.20 of Linx Enterprise) to do tag browsing. Check out http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app...tail/a_id/55645 for more info on this. 2) I think the "older node locked" activation you're referring to is the floppy-based activation. This will not conflict with the new internet based stuff. If it's the node-locked version of the internet based stuff, then the answer is still the same, but it'll take a bit more effort to rehost the activation, rather than just moving it from one PC to the other. I'd look at upgrading first, though, as even if you move ViewME, I think you'll still see the same problem since it's using Linx Enterprise. Good luck!

when i recently linked a pv600 to a ml1400 I used the Enterprice comms in FT View to run everything. establish the comms find the 1400 in the ftview software and then open the rs software and upload/ go online.

Finally received the new Factory talk (5.10) and all is well. It only took more money.Thanks PM. Can anyone verify if the ML1400 will "talk to" (messaging) to a compactLogix L32E? I think it will. Thanks in advance!