Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IamJon

Mlx 1100 4-20 data values

8 posts in this topic

I'm using a Mlx 1100 AWA. For a 4-20 mA signal, what is the raw data value I'll see in my data file? I searched the AB literature and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Are you using the analog inputs on the base unit and if so they are 0-10VDC or are you using and expansion card?

The one's on the unit... ok so they're voltage inputs. Does this effect the scale of the data I see in the input data file?

M1100 user manual page 158 0 to 10 v input = 0 to 1023, 4 to 20 signal will not work on this type of input, could use a signal converter from Pheonix Contact, or get a 4 to 20 ma card for the M1100. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um001_-en-p.pdf Edited by sgates

All that can be stated is what AB provides. Otherwise it all depends on how you convert the 4-20ma to a voltage signal. A resistor?

Input coding... that's good to know. I was looking for raw data or scale etc. Thanks for pointing that out. And I'm off! ...this time with a meter. Thanks for the help. I enjoy controls but it can be a pain when you do one small project every two years. Edited by IamJon

And a quick method is a precision 500 ohm 1 watt resistor across the input. You'd get 2-10 volts (about 205 - 1023 as input counts.)

Thanks. I noticed this today after the electrician put in a 250 ohm resistor, giving me a 1-5V signal. I was wondering why it wouldn't scale right... Then there's the fact that I'm only getting millivolts in my input. Edited by IamJon