Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noxcuses

New to AB Integrated Motion

2 posts in this topic

I'm starting my first program with AB Integrated Motion and was wondering if there is a document that explains best practices, standard code, etc... I have the motion instruction set reference, but nothing that really explains how things should be done. Any info would be helpful!

Point to point or something fancy? I have been using Kinetix2000 and 6000 on our std 3 axis servo IR welding equipment. It's been quite a learning curve, especially the commisioning. I could send you a copy of one of my CompactLogix L43 program. I have a seperate routine for handling all the servo stuff (except the moves) - All the startup (have to do and MSF when the light curtains are interrupted and then an MSO when the are cleared everytime - this is for a workcell that is loaded and unloaded every cycle) - All the in position indication (when an axis is in position I use a couple compare/computes to see if a move is within a few thou of a position and then tun on a bool/relay/internal store) - For manual moves I've come up with an HMI screen where I select jog/step increments .1", .01", .001" Then the operator jogs/steps the axis forward or backward to a position. Via an HMI PB they then "save" that position. I used to use a numeric entry PB but fat finger entries caused PROBLEMS. If the jog fwd pb is pressed momemtarilly it steps on "increment". If the PB is maintained for 2 seconds then a pulsing circuit that monitors the .PC bit (move complete) pulses the axis to continuously jog/step forward or reverse. This works great for our application. I don't use the axis fault enable checkbox on the servo axis setip screen. This causes a fault that needs to be cleared. I do use the axis enable input and control that hardwired input thru a relay from a safety controller. Also the mso circuit in my routine above needs to have an enable bit (which I have) to allow the automatic mso activation to be disabled so the motion direct commands will work while tuning. This was a real gotcha when I was first learning. To get the motion direct commands to work you have to disable any logic that will send and MSO command and then via the motion direct commands issue an MSF. THEN you'll be able to tune or setup the homing and direction. You HAVE to get the direction set first by testing for the marker and moving the axis manually. HAVE to move it manually to set the direction. AB give you no way to enter the direction/polarity. Lastly DOWNLOAD AB'S MOTION ANALYZER. Have to get the servo/load interia ratio down to a realistic level or the servo will never tune. NEW learning curve I'm going thru - shoulda been the mechanical guys learning curve though. I could write a book. Edited by James Fillmore