Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiner

Eaton

3 posts in this topic

I am programming an Eaton for the first time. It is a ELC-PA10AADR with several extensions. The processor has four digital inputs and two analog inputs as well as two digital outputs and two analog outs. I am curious about the addressing of these, does it consider the analog a second extension unit and start them at X10 and Y10 respectively? Also i have used other software that has Drum functions, does anyone know if eaton supports this method of control?

I have fund documentations supporting the D/A and A/D data locations at eatons homepage.... http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/SearchResult...amp;x=0&y=0. They also do not support DRUM functions I have been told so I am under the assumption I will have to do things the long way if I want a program that will run a machine that has a "hold" function in its process. Am I just thinking about this too hard or is picking up a ladder, timers and counters where they left off and continuing a process without missing a beat really a simple thing.

Just an update, if anyone has used a DRUM function or a sequential programming function that allows for stopping and starting of subroutines without loss of accumulated values and are looking for the similar app in Eaton, they have not worked all the bugs out of their Step ladder program yet, so the solution is to use a CJ command (conditional jump). It basically will go from a rung to a designated point later in the program and anything "inside" the loop will not be scanned and most importantly, updated, leaving things in a "held" state. timers and counters can be cleared from outside the jump if necessary and outputs can be turned off with the all y outputs off bit as well but I do not recommend leaving outputs inside the jumped logic. There are always ways around that.