Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
damaged

ML1100

2 posts in this topic

Ok I have been reading for three days. I need some help determining if I can do this or not. I apologize before hand for any information that I will leave out. This is what I have: ML1100 bul.1763 series b. Chnl 0 is reading barcode scanner (no problems). chnl 1 is on a LAN. Communing with a PV + (No problems) The other device that is on the LAN is a Sensopart FA 45 Eyesight camera (PT#522-91082 (or 92)). The camera is looking down at products and giving a Pass/Fail signal. The camera has 5 configurations that have to be trigger in order for the camera to identify the Parts. The vendor that specified the parts in this job was under the impression that the cameras config could be changed by discreet triggering using pulse from the PLC. (I had to order a 1762-OB8 to do the switching in the time the camera needed). The reality is that the camera can use the discreet siganl to trigger the capture but needs a command string to change the configuration of the cameras. The actually string is "#007<FILENAME>.ckp#". How can I set the MSG instruction to write this command to the camera? I have setup MSG instructions for PLC to PLC communication but never for a "Non-AB" device. The camera manual is very vague on the actual communication setup other that that it is an "UDP protocol" and that the recieving port is "5952". Camera Site.... Manual is on the right How can I direct the MSG to that specific port. I could only get as far as the IP address. Then when I choose the generic CIP, it tells me that the "string" format is invalid. I sure could use some advice on this.

If anyone cares...... UPDATE! The vendor that speced out the parts for the project met with the sensopart distributor and with help from the German manufacturer, they have it where we will be able to switch the setup config by discreet pulses. From what I understand, in the camera config software, these guys set up a counter that monitored a configurable input and did a comparison. C=x then "this". NOW, if I can just get the 1762-OB8 modules in that I ordered 2 weeks ago I could finish this project. What is going on with AB and the "Part Shortage", anyone know?